Wisconsin Gaming Site Its Laws and Regulations – Wisconsin has several legal gambling activities, including every casino game you can think of as well as state lotteries. But are Wisconsin gambling sites legal? Can you go to jail if you gamble online in Wisconsin?
Apart from answering these questions, we will also cover:
- The legality and safety of online gambling
- Land-based gambling laws
- Where you can bet in Wisconsin
- Additional resources
- Wisconsin gambling law history
- The future of gambling in Wisconsin
If you are interested in Wisconsin gambling sites and the laws that apply to them, this post is for you.
Online Gambling and the Law of Wisconsin
As with many other states, online gambling is a gray area in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin gambling laws were not originally written to address online gambling. These laws are general, but may apply, which means online gambling in Wisconsin may be illegal.
Here’s what the Wisconsin State Bureau of Legislative Reference has to say about internet gambling:
“An area of increasing concern for state and federal law enforcement authorities is betting via computer over the Internet. Operators, often based in a foreign country where activity is legal, have set up “virtual casinos” that bet on sporting events. Hold lotteries, and allow online customers to play simulated casino-type games. There is no guarantee that the site is managed honestly. Officials warn of growing social problems if each computer could potentially function as a mini casino. Especially if children have access to gambling opportunities. The National Association of Attorneys General has urged the federal government to ban all online gambling because regulations are impractical. Wisconsin Attorney General Doyle has filed a lawsuit against internet gambling operators. ”
Getting arrested for gambling online in Wisconsin is unlikely
Wisconsin doesn’t seem to focus on residents gambling online. Instead, they seem to focus more on residents starting up online casinos or online bookies. Running a gambling business is illegal in Wisconsin unless you are licensed to do so. Their enforcement activities target business people who make a profit from these activities, not players who lose their money on this business.
Is daily fantasy sports legal in Wisconsin?
But there is a push to legalize daily fantasy sports. Judi Online There are no law enforcers acting against residents playing daily fantasy sports. State Representative Tyler Vorpagel drafted a law preventing children or minors from playing daily fantasy sports. The bill will also protect adult players in case the website suddenly goes out of business. There is much debate about daily fantasy sports. Debate centers around whether it is a game of skill or chance. Games of chance are illegal in Wisconsin.
If legislators determined that skill was the dominant factor in daily fantasy sports, the Wisconsin gambling site was legalized. At least those associated with daily fantasy sports – it will likely come true sooner rather than later.
Will Wisconsin legalize online gaming?
Currently, tribal casinos are the only casino type permitted in Wisconsin. These tribal casinos can encourage regulated online gambling. And if they are successful, the state casino gambling sites can be legalized. There isn’t much of a push for Wisconsin casino gambling sites that are regulated at this time.
You may, however, choose an offshore casino over the Internet. Many of the casino sites we recommend on our site enjoy doing business with Wisconsin residents. The legality of playing on these sites is questionable, and we, of course, recommend that you comply with all laws in your jurisdiction.
We would be lax in our advisory duties if we failed to mention. That no one in Wisconsin has ever been arrested or prosecuted for playing blackjack, slots, or poker on the Internet. It is unlikely that you will be the first gambler to face such action.
How to choose a safe and quality offshore gaming site?
- Game Variations – Check out the game variations offered by the site to see. Do they offer games you know and want to play.
- Tournaments – If you are interested in participating in tournaments, check the tournament schedule to see how often they host tournaments.
- Bonus Terms & Conditions – Read the terms and conditions for the sign-up bonus to find out how much money you have to bet on their site before it becomes available to you.
- Read Reviews – Read site reviews to get feedback from other players on the site. To see what they do and don’t like about it.
- Customer Complaints – Do an Internet search with the word “complaint” plus the name of the site you are interested in.
- Deposit Options – Check the deposit options to see if the site accepts a familiar form of payment.
- Contact Customer Service – Talk to a customer service agent to evaluate how quickly they will get back to you and how polite they are.
- Restricted Countries – Check the site to see if they allow residents of your country to participate on their site.
- Licensing Jurisdiction – There is a licensing jurisdiction to find out the regulations and site fees.
- Long Business Life – Look into how long the site has been in business. Sites that have been in business longer have a steady stream of members.